Carrot Express, one of Miamians' favorite healthy spots, has recently launched its first store in the West Kendall neighborhood as its quick expansion continues. This is the first outlet in this part of town and the company's 17 location. The nutritious fast-casual establishment most recently debuted a brand-new site in Aventura with a large setting and a refined appearance. Carrot Express will also debut in Coconut Grove, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, and South Miami this fall and open a second location in New York City at Bryant Park. Undoubtedly, a very successful year ahead for this iconic spot.
Mario Laufer, the founder, is delighted to spread a good reputation throughout South Florida. Since 1993, Laufer has been working to develop the tastiest, healthiest cuisine in Miami. "When we first opened in Downtown Dadeland, we were much busier than we anticipated and quickly realized the Kendall neighborhood was in need of more healthy options. We're excited to bring a broader range of nutritious dishes to a new market – this will be our first location in West Kendall," he said.
With 54 seats inside and 10 seats outside, the new location takes up 2,000 square feet inside Kendall's top shopping mall, London Square. With bursts of orange and green color throughout, the area mimics the welcoming and laid-back ambiance of Carrot Express. The decor is simple and modern, reflecting the cuisine.
Most recently, Carrot Express launched a brunch bundle where guests can order breakfast or all-day breakfast items and receive the second item free. The BOGO deal will be offered every Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., on-site at all locations, including Aventura. Highlights include:
• California Eggwich – 2 cage-free folded eggs folded with avocado, crumbled feta cheese, arugula, tomato, lime juice, and olive oil served on a toasted sesame bagel ($12.95)
• Quinoa Breakfast Bowl – topped with roasted cremini mushrooms, sautéed kale, avocado, pico de gallo, and a cage-free sunny side egg ($11.95)
• Josh's Overnight Oats – a mix of oatmeal, almond milk, toasted coconut flakes, chia & flax seeds, cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries, Mario's granola, almond butter, drizzled honey ($9.95)
• Almond Butter Toast – almond butter, strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds, cinnamon, toasted coconut flakes spread on multigrain sourdough bread by Zak the Baker drizzled with honey ($8.95)
• Huevos Rancheros Burrito – 2 cage-free scrambled eggs, brown rice, black beans, avocado, fresh corn, jack cheese, cilantro & pico de gallo, wrapped & toasted on a whole wheat wrap, served with cilantro-lime dressing ($13.95)
The best-selling LIV Wrap from Carrot Express ($12.95) features grilled chicken breast, avocado, quinoa, kale, jack cheese, and basil pesto. OMG! Ground turkey burger created from scratch that is hormone-free, all-natural, and topped with arugula, avocado, tomato, and red onion on toasted multigrain bread for $15.95. Arugula, kale, spinach, toasted almonds, peas, golden raisins, quinoa, scallions, and cilantro brown rice with their signature carrot cake ($7.95), which is made with freshly grated carrots and layered with homemade cream cheese frosting and crushed pralines. Mario's Favorite ($16.95) is also available.
Their new West Kendall location is located at London Square; 13550 SW 120th St. Hours of operation will be daily from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Takeout and delivery orders can be placed directly through the Carrot Express website. Stay updated on Carrot Express' future openings and visit the website for more information.
Photography by: Courtesy Carrot Express