On Thursday, October 4, SpinHouse PR, together with notable photographer Laura Coppelman and acclaimed cartoon artist David ‘Lebo’ Le Batard, will inaugurate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with the unveiling of the highly-anticipated Second Annual Pink Ribbon Project. The photo campaign, benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Affiliate, celebrates the photos of 10 local socialites and influencers who have donated their time to help eradicate breast cancer.
Now in its second year, the Pink Ribbon Project highlights the work and creativity of local photographers who want to raise money for breast cancer awareness. This year, the exhibit will showcase the photos of lifestyle photographer Laura Coppelman, who constructed a set of 750 yards of pink ribbon for the project.
The acclaimed photographer also collaborated with Miami-art scenester and abstract cartoon artist David ‘Lebo’ Le Batard who painted the names of breast cancer survivors and victims on each woman.
The 10 women participating in the Second Annual Pink Ribbon Project include:
• Lissette Liz Garcia – Miss Florida USA 2011
• Ginger Harris – Fashion Blogger of Electric Blogarella and Miami Editor for DailyCandy
• Kailey Magder – Co-Owner of Blo Midtown
• Sandirose Magder – Co-Owner of Blo Midtown
• Ninalicia Osorio – On Air Personality and Co-Host on Y100’s “Michael Yo Show”
• Paola Pedroza – Spanish Soap Opera Star
• Shireen Sandoval – Entertainment Reporter and Movie Critic for WSVN Channel 7 and WSVN’s “Deco Drive”
• Karent Sierra – Reality Star and Cast Member on Real Housewives of Miami
• Maria Tettamanti – Miami.com Shopping Editor and Fashion Blogger of TheWordyGirl.com
• Alina Villasante – Creator and Visionary at Peace Love World
The pink affair will unite socialites, artists and philanthropists alike. Taking place from 7 – 9 p.m. at Cafeina in Wynwood, full proceeds from the evening will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Affiliate. All attendees will be charged $20 for entry. The photos will be on display at the gallery through October 7. Prints purchased will fully benefit the organization.
Sponsors include Sandy Lee Artistry, Rex Fabrics, MRKT and Aperture Studios Miami.